Bureau UK is a world-class provider of resources to the global energy marketplace.
We are an award-winning business offering QC Inspection, Technical Manpower, and Project Management Services across the Renewables and Oil and Gas sectors.
We have worked on some of the world’s biggest and most demanding projects across the UK, Mainland Europe, APAC, Middle East & the US.
- Job Title: Sales & Business Development Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Job Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire (Some flexibility with home /remote working)
- Travel: 25% of the time
Remuneration: As the Sales & Business Development Manager, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus you’ll benefit from a commission/sales bonus scheme, private health cover, and contributory pension scheme.
Reporting to the Directors, as Sales & Business Development Manager you’ll be responsible for engaging and attracting new customers who would benefit from Bureau’s range of services, your objective will be to generate new customers and new revenues. This is a ‘service’ and not a ‘product-based’ sale.
This is a senior new business, client acquisition role and requires a consultative approach, you’ll be pivotal to the overall organisational strategy and your overriding objective is to generate revenue, from identifying and maximising cross selling opportunities.
You’ll devise a successful reasonable and achievable strategy for winning new business. You’ll negotiate internally and externally to assess and create pricing models, manage budgets and commercial models to competitively price bids.
This is a new business focussed role which will be supported by a tender back office and bid management team.
- Maintaining an understanding of the diverse range of services across multiple industries with primary focus on O&G and Renewables.
- Mapping services against potential customer needs
- Pursuing and opening a line of dialogue, working with customers to seek opportunities
- Introducing Bureau’s services to the client’s operations and procurement departments
- Researching markets likely to be unfamiliar to fully understand client drivers
- Securing a position to tender or quote for upcoming work with existing and new clients
To be successful in this role, you’ll need extensive and recent experience in a similar senior sales position. You’ll be experienced operating in a ‘hands-on’ business development role.
You’ll be highly results focussed and commercially aware with a proven ability to source new leads and convert into new clients, you’ll need to think creatively and will have the ability to understand client requirements and present solutions.
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management, consultants and clients, with highly developed presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
- Experience of selling commercial services rather than ‘product-based’ sales
- Experience of working with procurement departments and procurement systems
- Ability to understand a diverse range of services across multiple industries
- Outstanding communication skills
- A positive mindset and a ‘can do’ attitude with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm
- A consultative sales approach, building relationships with clients and key stakeholders
- Knowledge and awareness of OJEU and/or public sector procurement process/methodologies
- Strong discipline for achieving targets and deadlines
- Full driving licence for use in the UK & Europe
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
- MS Project and CRM Systems
- Experience in the Testing, Inspection and Certification industry
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
Bureau is a rapidly growing business, everything however relates in some way to testing, inspection, certification. It would be extremely beneficial to have a background in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector although this is not mandatory.
To apply, complete the form below.