As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for providing commercial and administrative support to the Business Development team whilst supporting managers to maintain, retain and expand the scope of the existing client base, and developing and attracting new clients,
The role requires regular contact with existing and prospect clients, generating leads, organising sales visits, preparing proposals, and prompt follow up on sales enquiries. You will also deliver presentations to promote Oil, Gas and Chemicals (OGC) capabilities and initiatives internally and externally.
You will need to maintain an awareness of sector market trends, competitors and regulatory requirements or changes to assist in development of potential new client base or service targets. Working closely with the Business Development and Systems Manager to define sales and account plans to grow OGC revenue, you will also maintain productive working relationships with operational management, technical and support personnel.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic individual looking to start their career within a business development environment. Initially the role will be office based, with the opportunity to progress into a field based role of Business Development Executive for the right person, requiring regular travel (30-40%) for client / internal meetings, exhibitions and conferences.
Ideally, you’ll be qualified to HND level (or equivalent) in an Engineering or Science related subject or higher. However, related knowledge and experience in the OGC, Engineering or Science industry is also acceptable.
Relevant knowledge of the Oil/Gas/Chemicals sector.
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to develop positive working relationships at all levels, both with colleagues and external clients/ partners.
- Ability to identify and capitalise on business development opportunities to include potential/ new/ existing clients to encompass multi scope services and options for bolt on business.
- Ability to identify external influences, competitor activity/ scope and sector trends.
- Competent in use of MS packages.
- Effective communication, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work under own initiative to agreed levels of autonomy.
- Experience of commercial service laboratories
- Experience of commercial / marketing/ sales activities
- Willingness to travel and Full and driving licence for use in the UK.
If you’re interested in the above please send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will be in touch.
|Job Category||Oil & Gas|