The role of the Design HSE Engineer is to coordinate all Design HSE activities on projects as Lead Engineer.
The job holder must have:
- 5+ years of experience in the Oil & Gas, Process Engineering or other industrial settings.
- Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in leading projects as technical lead or project lead including:
- Participate in Safety, environmental and operability reviews (HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, SIL)
- Fire and Gas detector layout deliverables
- Hazardous Area Classification definition
- Active and Passive fire-fighting systems definition
- Mobile and portable fire-fighting systems definition
- Quantitative Risk Assessment and related studies
- Emergency Response Plan
- Safety related P&ID development, including selection of design conditions, hydraulic analysis, line sizing and pipe specifications, equipment isolation, vent and drain systems, cause and effects.
- Good understanding of HSE standards and regulations, industry codes and standards (API, NFPA, IP etc).
- Good computer literacy with particular competence in MS office software is essential.
Desirable Experience / Qualifications include:
- Knowledge and experience on environmental engineering within the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry.
- Experience on designing segregated effluent collection systems and wastewater treatment technologies
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 requirements.
This post will require occasional business travel