Our client based in the City of London are looking for a Naval Architect / Structural Engineer preferably with marine transportation and / or installation experience. Reporting to the Project Director, the role will consist of undertaking a varied range of Marine Warranty Surveying (MWS) and consultancy projects in the Oil & Gas and Renewable sectors covering; offshore/marine transportations, heavy lift operations, load-out and installation of fixed and floating structures as well as subsea/pipeline installation projects. Responsibilities may include leading a project team as a project or package manager.
- Technical design review and verification, and site attendances with respect to MWS requirements.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes.
- Ensuring that the project activities are completed in accordance with client contract requirements including project administration, change control, progress reporting towards the client and timely invoicing.
- Positive contribution to meeting the project schedule and budget for MWS projects.
- When managing MWS project(s) you will be; briefing project staff, risk management, liaising with clients, technical delivery, delegating certain projects/tasks, report writing, checking, authorization, and submission.
- Preparation of bids in conjunction with the Project Directors or the Energy Operations Director.
- Collaboration with other disciplines and members of the Group regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Degree qualified in one of the following disciplines; Naval Architect, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering (Chartered status is preferable but not essential).
- Relevant offshore transportation and construction track record as well as other (offshore) operations experience.
- Will possess up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines.
- Excellent and driven team player, but capable of working independently.
- Able to effectively manage workload through planning, prioritizing and efficient delegation of work.
- Experience of delivering MWS / Consultancy projects within schedule and on budget is preferable.
- Experience of managing project budgets and schedule including timely invoicing and management of change is preferable.
- Role is office based but candidate will need to be flexible to travel abroad and to offshore locations for periods of time.
To apply, complete the form below or contact Siobhan Sell.
|Job Category||Oil & Gas|