Piping Engineer – Plant Layout producing site sketches, site reports, systems sketches, 3D modelling, 2D CAD Drawings & documenting specifications.
- Experience of the principles of plant layout and piping design incl. layout of pipework, layout of area for mechanical equipment, development of access & maintenance requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in the Oil & Gas, Process Engineering or other industrial settings.
- Understanding of pipe support systems.
- Understanding & technical participation in constructability reviews and design reviews (Layout fix, 30%, 60% & 90%).
- Understanding of international Piping codes & standards.
- Experienced in the use of Intergraph’s PDS or Smartplant 3D.
- Experienced in Microstation & Autocad in production of 2D drawings.
- Experienced in performing material take-off either from model or from general arrangements.
- Completes work assignments independently or with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of activities; acts as a technical resource to others in own area and to colleagues with less experience.
- Understands customer needs and identifies solutions to nonstandard requests.
- Solves moderately complex problems.
- Manages own time to meet objectives.
- Contributes to achievement of team goals; promotes teamwork.
- Typically, has a degree in design/engineering.
This post will require occasional business travel