Our client has a requirement for an Installation Engineer to work within the Pipeline Group (PG) based in Sutton, Surrey. The Installation Engineering role incorporates the full installation process from the spooling, reeling and installation up to the following of offshore operation. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering fit for purpose spooling and reeling for rigid pipeline installation on projects or tenders with specific focus on safe and cost effective installation operations and will be working within a team of installation engineers, dealing with
spooling and reeling analyses for single pipe or pipe in pipe projects and FEED or tender studies.
This is a great opportunity for someone wishing to progress their career in a global subsea engineering company, working in a stimulating environment where excellent training and progression opportunities will be available.
The Pipeline Group offers consistent and progressive delivery of global rigid pipeline systems, through locally tailored solutions, automation and strategic supply chain partnerships. The team provides ‘bid to execution’ capabilities for full pipeline fabrication and installation including welding, inspection, field joint coating, polymer lining and installation engineering. They have a global footprint with teams in Aberdeen, Glasgow, Houston, London, Paris, Singapore and Stavanger and manages pipelay on six construction vessels.
Our client takes pride in being recognised globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades their people have delivered over 1000 projects in all water depths across all energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world. This sustainability is only possible through the development and diversity of our people, assets and technology and we are committed to the future in all these areas.
Specific key responsibilities and activities
- Performs reeling analyses using Abaqus
- Performs spooling analyses using Orcaflex
- Collecting Past data and new analyses results on reeling analyses and straightener
- setting and make sure that any different between calculation and actual project result was capture for future analyses
- Manages interfaces with Project Team and Vessel Team
- Provides support to offshore operations with possible short periods offshore or on yard,
- Participates actively to engineers training and development,
- Participates actively to the PG department know-how consolidation,
- Proposes innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering and Operations Functions
- Client technical representative on project Internal
- Project Engineering Managers
- PG Package Lead
- Previous experience in a similar role, within Subsea Engineering is essential
- Previous experience working with Abaqus and Orcaflex is essential
- There will be offshore visits involved in this role so candidates must have, or be willing to obtain, full offshore certification
To apply, submit your CV below or email Siobhan Sell for further information.
|Job Category||Oil & Gas|